Monday, May 3, 2010

State Quarter Limericks

I wrote these a few years ago during the height of "State Quarter Frenzy," when everything was State Quarter this, and State Quarter that - you remember how it was. I figured everyone would love limericks that tell the back story of the images on all the Statehood Quarters. I sent a few out, but I guess the market wasn't as hot as I calculated.

If the public had demanded them, I suppose I'd have done all 50, because I'm nothing if not accommodating.

Anyway, here they are, after the more link. Enjoy.




Wisconsin:
A dairy cow was enjoyin’
Some corn grown in Sheboygan.
Forward! Sings the cheese,
It’s an image sure to please
More folk than beer, brats & onion







Minnesota:
A boat, a loon, a forest:
For our nature they’ll adore us!
They won’t say anymore
“I’ve been there before
And all they did was bore us.”








Massachusetts:
Here stands a man from Nantucket,
Proudly displaying his musket
He’s a proud Minute Man
But his wife’s no big fan:
Her best is four hours -- with a Redcoat!

No comments: